VENUE: Diocesan Centre, Lydiard Street South, Ballarat
Her Majesty’s Theatre, Lydiard Street South, Ballarat
Adjudicator: Margaret Dalgish
Our adjudicator for this section is proudly supported by Freemasons Victoria.
Official Accompanist: Ms Linda O’Brien
SECTION CHAIR: Peter Zala
DEPUTY: Mrs Pamela Lea
To be read in conjunction with General Conditions
1. This section is intended for vocalists who sing in a classical style. Competitors who present in a contemporary style may not be considered for adjudication. Competitors who wish to sing in a contemporar style are referred the Contemporary Vocal Discipline (pages 59-62).
2. Competitors must provide music for the adjudicator and accompanist. All bars MUST be numbered.
3. Singers may present folk and spiritual unaccompanied but all other sections must be accompanied by piano only. Audio tapes are not permitted.
4. Competitors are encouraged to dress neatly and appropriately for performance on stage.
5. REPEAT OF ITEMS - An item by a competitor can only be performed once during the current competition, within the same discipline, except where Special Conditions permit otherwise.
6. ORDER OF COMPETING - Competitors must compete in the order in which their names appear in the program unless officially authorised or directed otherwise. Permission will only be given in exceptional circumstances. If not present when called upon, competitors are liable to disqualification.
7. COPYRIGHT: For information relating to copyright of all printed, photocopied, recorded, adapted or reproduced material, please refer to http://royalsouthstreet.com.au/competition/classical-vocal/. APRA/AMOS Copyright Declaration Form can also be found and downloaded from this page Competitors must provide music for the accompanist.
8. Age limit will be deemed as at the 1st January of the current year.