THE CITY OF PENRITH
EISTEDDFOD SOCIETY INC.
33rd Annual Eisteddfod
1st June — 4th September 2017
(DANCE:- 1st June - 9th July 2017)
| PRESIDENT: || Ms Sari Erasmus Hickey |
| SECRETARY: || Mr Glenn Hobbs |
| TREASURER:|| Mr John Hickey |
| DANCE CONVENOR: || Ms Clair Beach & Miss Kellie Price |
2017 DANCE SYLLABUS
NEPEAN Creative & Performing Arts HIGH School
GREAT WESTERN HIGHWAY
DESIGNATED BALLET DAY WILL ALSO BE HELD AT
NEPEAN Creative & Performing Arts HIGH School
WITH TARKETT FLOORING
ADJUDICATORS - TBA
EDUCATION SCHOOLS: THURSDAY 1st June 2017
TROUPE DAYS: 3rd & 4th June 2017
DESIGNATED BALLET DAY: 3rd July 2017
SOLOS: 4th - 7th July 2017
Championships: 8th — 9th July 2017
Scholarships: 8th — 9th July 2017
THIS YEAR WE HAVE CHANGED OUR ENTRY FORM SYSTEM
Please go to www.stardom.com.au to enter our Eisteddfod
& for our Syllabus.
For anv enquires please contact our Dance Convenors:
Clair Beach - 0412 220 796 OR Kellie Price —0449 946 912
(Dunng business hours) (Weekdays after 5pm or Weekends)
OR Email: email@example.com
THE HIGHEST SCORING TROUPE WILL RECEIVE $500 PRIZE MONEY
SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS $500 - 2nd Prize $250 - 3rd Prize $150
ALL TROUPE PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A MEDAL
CHAMPIONSHIPS: Prize money will be given for the Highest Scoring Championship Winners from the overall 5 genres.
1" Prize $100.00, 2nd Prize $50.00 and 3rd Prize $25.00
Competitors entering Championships cannot compete in the Special Restricted or Restricted section in the same
category as the Championship they are entering. To enter a Championship, competitors must first dance in the relevant
OPEN sections as listed. The competitor must have 4 different solos— 2 are performed in the open sections and a
different 2 are performed for the Championship Section.
|CLASSICAL BALLET |
| 2 Dances required |
|1 Classical and 1 Demi-character |
You must dance In 1 Open Classical &
1 Open Demi- Character
|TAP|| 2 Dances required |
|1 Slow Tap and 1 Fast Tap |
You must dance in 2 of the following Open sections
1 Slow Tap - 1 Fast Tap or Waltz or Ensemble tap
|JAZZ|| 2 Dances required |
|1 Jazz and 1 Lyrical/modern expressive/contemporary |
You must dance in 1 Open Jazz & 1 Open Modern
|SONG & DANCE|| 2 Dances required |
|1 Song & Tap & 1 Song & Soft Shoe |
You must dance in 1 Open Song & Tap or Open Song & Soft Shoe
|HIP HOP|| 2 Dances required |
| I Jazz / Contemporary and I Hip Hop |
You must dance in I Open Jazz Contemporary & I Open Hip Hop
A dance cannot be repeated in this section.
Age categories of Championships will be determined by the entries received. If sufficient entries are received, there WII be four
Championships in each category - Juvenile, Junior, Intermediate and Senior.
SCHOLARSHIP SECTION: The last section of the Eisteddfod will be the Scholarship. Each day throughout the Eisteddfod, the
adjudicator nominate competitors to be invited to dance in the Scholarship Section. The Scholarship will be awarded to the
competitor who, in the opinion of the adjudicator, the most outstanding performer. The Scholarship Section will be adjudicated
by a different adjudicator. The Scholarship winner will receive $500. First runner up will receive $250 and second runner up will
receive $150. This scholarship is sponsored bv the CITY OF PENRITH EISTEDDFOD SOCIETY INC. In addition, if vou are placed 1st in
the Championship you are automatically eligible to go into the Scholarship. The dance vou were nominated in 15 the dance you are
to perform for the Scholarship
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ENTRIES IS 12th MAY 2017
NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 19th MAY 2017
|ENTRY FEES: ||Solo ||$10.00 |
| ||Duo||$7.00 each competitor|
| ||Trio/Quartet||$7.00 each competitor |
| ||Championship||$20.00 |
| ||Troupe ||$20.00|
| ||Educational Schools ||$35.00|
| ||Program (posted) ||$12.00|
| ||Program (emailed)||$8.00|
Advanced schedule will not be sent. Please order program with entry.
NO REFUNDS will be made after entry has been accepted.
Adjudicator's report will be free.
| Admission to Hall: || ADULT: || $10.00 per session|
| || || $20.00 per day |
| || || $40.00 season ticket |
| || PENSIONERS: || half price |
| || CHILDREN: || Free of charge (16 & under) |
RULES & CONDITIONS
- COMPETITORS: must be ready to take their place on stage at the appointed time AND in the order set down
in the program. Failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
- THE COMMITTEE: reserves the right to substitute adjudicators without notice.
- DANCERS: compete in all sections strictly at their own risk. No responsibility will be taken for any accidents,
injury or lost property. This includes all persons present as well as competitors.
- THE ADJUDICATOR'S DECISION IS FINAL: Only a member of the Committee may approach the Adjudicator's table.
- ANY PROTEST: must be lodged with a fee of $20 within 10 minutes of the offending incident. Fee will be
forfeited if the protest is dismissed.
- SPECIAL RESTRICTED SECTIONS: are for competitors who have never been placed first in that category at any
age in any competition.
- RESTRICTED SECTIONS: are for competitors who have been placed first in Special Restricted Sections in that
category at any age in any competition.
- OPEN SECTION: are for competitors who have been placed first in Restricted or Open Sections in that category.
- IMPROVISATION SECTIONS: Plain dancewear/leotard is to be worn. Classical Ballet Improvisation
competitors must wear a plain leotard and ballet tights. No patterned materials, and no 2 piece leotards
- TROUPES: Age is taken on AVERAGE as of 1st June 2017 — you add all the dancers' ages & divide by the
amount of dancers in the dance. If your average age is over O. 5 then you must dance up an age. 16yrs &
over are NOT permitted to perform in 12/13yrs & under groups. Please be warned — calculate your age
correctly. There will be no changes on the day if you have made an error. If there are an above average no of
enquiries about the dancers' ages in a particular troupe the studio director may be asked for proof of age.
Let's be fair to everyone and dance in the correct age group.
- TIME LIMITS:
Please note that all dances will be timed and music will be faded out if over-time — this is to ensure the eisteddfod
|Solo || 3-4 minutes |
|Duo/Trio/Quartets || 4 minutes|
|Championship|| 4 minutes each dance |
|Troupe|| 4-5 minutes|
runs as scheduled. These time limits will be strictly adhered to. The Adjudicator has the power to ring the bell to
advise the time limit has been reached and the performance must end immediately.
- ENSEMBLE TAP: must not exceed 16 bars waltz, 16 bars slow and 32 bars fast.
- 2 in 1 TAP: must not exceed 32 bars slow, 64 bars fast.
- TAP ROUTINES: Lyrics on C.D. is accepted.
- REVUE SECTION: 10-15 minutes duration. To be scheduled during Troupe section.
- C.Ds: All music must be cued and identified with the name ofthe competitor. No music with vocals maybe
used in the Song & Dance Section.
- COMPETITORS: Must be ready to take their place on stage at the appointed time and in the order set down in
the program. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.
- No prompting will be permitted except in Babies sections. Prompting could result in the competitor being
disqualified. Only competitors and those placing props will be allowed back stage.
- NO ITEMS ARE TO BE REPEATED: A change of music and/or costume does not constitute a change of routine.
- POINTE SHOES are NOT to be worn by competitors under 12 years of age.
- THE PROGRAM will not be altered after printing unless the Committee has made an error.
- THE COMMITTEE reserves the right to decide on any matter not covered by these rules and to combine any
sections if insufficient entries are received.
- AGE is taken from the 1st June 2017.
- NO TAP SHOES are to be worn in the hall unless you have a cover over the tap shoes.
- NO SMOKING in the hall.
- VIDEO CAMERAS & FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY is NOT allowed. Teachers please advise parents of this restriction.
Further, please remember photography is not allowed whilst competitors are on stage.
- TROPHIES: if there are less than 3 competitors, the section may be combined with another section, if
possible. The number of competitors entered in that section will determine the number of prizes in any
|1 - 3 competitors || = ||1 Trophies|
| 4 competitors|| = ||2 Trophies|
| 5 & over competitors|| = ||3 Trophies|
- These competitions are strictly for AMATEURS ONLY. AMATEUR means one whose principal source
of income is not, and has not been derived from the exercise or teaching of his or her talent.
- NOVICE SECTION: This section is for groups who are entering for the first time ever (new dance schools).
- PUBLIC/PRIVATE SCHOOL SECTION: this section is for schools to have an opportunity to compete with other
schools of the same standard.
- NUMBER OF PERFORMERS:
| Quartet || 4 performers only|
| Troupes || 5 & more|
| Revue || unlimited |
A canteen will be operating each day offering light refreshments.
A videographer will also be in attendance for your convenience.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
LYRICAL/MODERN ESPRESSIVE: Contains slow controlled movements of modern ballet. Lyrical
has no words on music and modern expressive is when you express the words of the song.
CONTEMPORARY: Free movements of abstract ballet & original choreography content set to any music.
STUDENT CHOREOGRAPHY: This gives the student the chance to perform their own choreographed dance.
WE TRUST YOUR HONESTY WHEN ENTERING THIS CATEGORY - DANCE MUST BE 100% STUDENT PRODUCED.
AGES: 5 years & under, 6-7 years, 8-9 years, 10-11 years, 12-13 years, 14-15 years, 16 years & over.
Age groups may be combined if insufficient entries are received.
If you are interested in promoting your business we are selling space in our Program. The City of Penrith Eisteddfod Program reaches, well
over 1,500 readers throughout the mail, and we offer BUSINESS CARD size ads for $20, 1/2 pages for $40 and full page ad for $80.
Please contact us before May 2017.