VENUE: Oddie Gallery, Ballarat Art Gallery, Lydiard Street North Ballarat
Adjudicators: Darryl Coote & Teresa Lavers
SECTION CHAIR: Judy D’Ombrain
741 Margaret Schofield Memorial Prize for a Performance of the Music of CHOPIN
The competition is open to any pianist 16 to 32 years who has been a resident in Australia for two years prior to the competition.
Competitors must present at least two significant works. The program may include an Etude, a Ballade, Sonata movement, Scherzo, the Barcarolle, or a similar large work. The program choice will be taken into consideration by the adjudicators.
Each competitor will be given 2 minutes to familiarise themselves with the piano prior to the commencement of the competition. Time to be advised.
Time Limit: Minimum 15 Minutes, Maximum 20 Minutes. Competitors who do not comply with the time limit may be disqualified. The entire program is to be included in the time limit, including appropriate breaks between pieces.
Commencing from 45 minutes prior to the scheduled commencement of the competition, a separate warm-up room will be available throughout the day, and each competitor may use this facility for 15 minutes, strictly in order of their performance on the program. Timing and warm-up order will be monitored
Royal South Street Society acknowledges the generosity of Mr Andrew Cochrane AM and family who have honoured the society with this prize in memory of their mother, Margaret Schofield.
First $3000 Second $2000 Third $1000
Encouragement Award $500 at the discretion of the adjudicator.
Special Conditions (to be read in conjunction with the General Conditions)
- Previous winners eligible, providing that they perform a completely new program from the previous entry.
- COPYRIGHT: For all information relating to copyright of all printed, photocopied, recorded, adapted or reproduced material, please refer to http://royalsouthstreet.com.au/competition/chopin-at-the-gallery/ The APRA/AMCOS Copyright Declaration Form for Eisteddfods, Competitions, Examinations can also be found and downloaded from this link. Please ensure a completed this form is attached to the front of each copy of music. Original Music must be sighted at registration.
- All performers must stay to the completion of the competition, and the prize ceremony.
- Dress Code: Each performance is considered a concert; therefore appropriate concert dress is expected.
- Age limit will be deemed as at the 1st January of the current year