Choral Rules & Regulations -
Conditions of Entry 2015
ENTRIES – must be accompanied by full ENTRANCE FEES .
Please remember to make payment either by credit card at the time of online entry OR by direct credit to our Bendigo Bank Account OR by cheque to Eisteddfod by the Bay Inc.
The system automatically deletes entries when payment is not received within one week of entry.
1. A COPY OF YOUR MUSIC MUST BE PROVIDED FOR THE ADJUDICATOR with bars numbered. Please bring this with you as we have no photocopying facilities.
Under COPYRIGHT LAWS all photocopies will remain with the Section Convenor and will be destroyed at the end of the competition.
Music books can be collected from the registration table at the end of the section.
2. PRE-RECORED BACKING MUSIC MAY BE USED, BUT MUST BE PIANO ACCOMPANIMENT ONLY. No singing is allowed on pre- recorded music.
3. CHOIRS MAY PERFORM A CAPELLA.
4. PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS MAY BE USED.
5. CHOIRS MAY HOLD THEIR MUSIC BUT A CRIT ONLY WILL BE PROVIDED. Choirs holding music will be ineligible for a prize.
6. CHOIR RISERS AND A MUSIC STAND WILL BE PROVIDED. Fixed overhead microphones will be provided, positioned above the choir risers. It is strongly suggested for sound quality choirs use the risers and do not stand to the front of the stage.
7. NO REHEARSAL ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE AT KINGSTON CITY HALL. Choirs are permitted to warm up in any free space on level Ground and One.
8. PERFORMANCE CRITS can be collected at the registration table following the session.
9. TIME LIMITS - must be adhered to or you may be disqualified. Disqualified entrants will receive a critique of their performance only.
10. VIDEO OR FLASH CAMERAS – cannot be used inside the performance venue during a performance or disqualification may result.
11. EISTEDDFOD PHOTOGRAPHS - The Eisteddfod has an official photographer who may take a photo of prize winners at the end of the section. Eisteddfod by the Bay Inc. reserves the right to use this photograph for promoting the Eisteddfod. By submitting your entry you have automatically granted permission for photographs to be used for promotional purposes. If you would prefer that your photograph was not use please contact the Section Convenor direct.
12. NON-PERFORMANCE – We would ask that you notify the Section Convenor if you are aware that you will not be performing on the day.
PLEASE REFER TO THE FULL EISTEDDFOD BY THE BAY RULES & REGULATIONS FOR RULES THAT ARE RELEVANT TO ALL SECTIONS
MOST OF ALL ENJOY YOUR PERFORMANCE ON THE DAY, WE ARE VERY HAPPY TO HELP YOU WITH ANY QUERIES EITHER ON THE DAY OR BEFOREHAND